As (Senior) TCF Credit Underwriter you will be responsible for the assessment of credit applications and transactional requests presented by the front office. In addition, the (Senior) TCF Credit Underwriter is responsible for monitoring and follow-up of the risks of his/her portfolio. The primary responsibility will be either for the Energy, Metals or Agri portfolio.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assess the client from a qualitative and quantitative angle and obtain additional information from external sources if needed.
- To assess the proposed collateral and the structure of transactions proposed.
- Compare with the credit standards of GBI and with client's peer group within the portfolio.
- Prepare the Credit Comments for the proposal to be submitted to the Credit Committee.
- To attend the Credit Committee and to further explain the Credit Comments made.
- To coordinate the process of proposals that need a decision at parent level.
- Communicate and follow up the Credit Committee decisions.
Credit Follow up
- Setting Credit Utilization Conditions (CUC) in accordance with approved proposal.
- Have close contact with Trade and Commodity Finance Mid Office as to utilization in terms of collateral, timely repayment, proper transactional documentation, etc.
- Subsequent to market developments occurred, assess impact on specific client or (part of) portfolio and report to the Director.
- Ensuring that the transactions are properly booked in the Bank’s core system and that related MIS reports are prepared appropriately.
- Involving in generating reports that are required to monitor risks of the Trade and Commodity Finance portfolio.
- Keep well informed of developments, trends and regulations in commodity markets with special focus on the commodity segment (Energy, Metals or Agri) the (Senior) TCF Credit Underwriter is responsible for.
- To join front office in meetings with (prospect) clients.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
- Ability to work well with people from different cultures and backgrounds.
- Proficient in analysis of financial statements of commodity traders.
- Proficient in analysis and (when needed) structuring of transactions
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Performs under time-pressure, delivers results within strict deadlines.
- Fluent in English (excellent written and verbal skills).
- Have a service driven mentality
- Are curious by nature
- Eye for detail
- Excellent analytical skills
- Negotiating skills
- Attention to detail
- Presentation skills
- Result oriented
- Ability to communicate effectively with people from different organizational levels
- Fluency in English (excellent written and verbal skills)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor/Master in Business Administration or Economics.
- 10 + years of relevant work experience in an international environment.
- The experience has to be in a credit risk function with focus on trade and commodity finance, preferably at a financial institution.
- Given the nature of the Trade and Commodity Finance portfolio of GBI, the (Senior) TCF Credit Underwriter should have experience with transactional finance.